Friday, May 1, 2009

Coincidences that just aren't...

I have to post on here. Karissa is developing a love for performing, and I also see glimpses of that in Katherine. Justin is an amazingly gifted singer, even though he doesn't realize it, and I was really looking for an opportunity for them to do something. A friend of Karissa told her about West Side Story auditions at a local community college, and as a mother it was something I was not ready to release her to...especially being so young, and some of the content is just a bit too "adult" for my comfort zone. The very next day a friend of mine just happened to send an e-mail with information on the Music Man auditions in Grand Prairie, with only a couple of days' notice. So, we rushed over, unprepared, but we were all made part of the show! Justin is in the boys' band, Katherine and Karissa are Shipoopi dancers, and I am one of those busy body pick a little ladies! I know this may seem trivial, but I believe it is truly a way that God has answered my prayer for my kids to have this experience, and an opportunity for them to see mom having fun, too! What a fun memory we are building, and if my friend Karen would not have sent this to me, I would not have known!

No comments: